Thursday, May 30, 2013

On a 25 week high-A Back Story

I just wrapped up my 25 week appointment and am feeling really good with where I am and Baby C is.

When I got pregnant, I was nowhere happy with what my weight was and hoped that when I got pregnant, I would have been at a healthier weight. That didn't happen, which is fine, but I knew I needed to make some lifestyle choices to have a healthy pregnancy. Since Day 1, I was very intentional and conscientious with the decisions I was going to make during this pregnancy.

I knew I wasn't going to be one of those women who NEEDED to gain 25-30 lbs but gain the amount of weight needed for this baby to grow and develop, and that is what I am doing. It could have been really easy for me to use the mentality of "eating for two" and become a couch potato, but I didn't. Coming out of this 25 week appointment, my goal was to have gained just 8 lbs. I am pleased to say that I have only gained 7 and my doctor said that is just fine as long as the baby is growing, which he/she is. 

I think I have one of the best doctors. She isn't judgmental and really just wants me to do what I need to do to have a healthy baby and is proud of me for managing my weight so well. 

In addition to my weight gain, I am pleased to announce I passed my glucose test with flying colors and am not anemic! Woohoo! Hopefully I am done with tests for a while!

I honestly think this is the healthiest I have been in a long time. I do have my "splurge" and "couch potato" moments, but what I have learned through this, is that I want to be an energetic and healthy mother. Once this baby is born, I am hoping to not only lose the baby weight but continue losing weight to be healthier. Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment