- We lived in Rolla our first year and I think it was great for Adam to get to know my family more and for me to grow closer to my family
- We moved to Nebraska which was great for Adam and I to really learn to rely on each other
- Adam became a full-time student again and has just one year left!
- We moved a total of three times-yes we are ready to be in one place for at least five years!
- We were able to go on some pretty amazing vacations-Honeymoon which was a cruise to the Bahamas, Door County which is one of my happy places, and to Key West which was incredible!
- We became a long-distance couple again when Adam packed up and moved to Omaha for the summer to intern with Kiewit.
- And last, but certainly not least, we are expecting our first child.
I read somewhere that the first three years of marriage can be the hardest because your relationship is going through such transition. Clearly I am not an expert and Adam and I still have a long way to go with many more ups and downs but I think we have done a pretty good job at tackling the changes and pressures placed upon us.
Lately I have thought about how this little life will change us. Undoubtedly, our lives will never be the same which can be scary but exciting. I think the most important thing for use to keep in mind is to always make time for us and keep each other a priority.
Whenever I think about how I felt on our wedding day, I think of the picture below. Completely happy and loving every moment!
And whenever I think about Adam on our wedding day, I will always think of this picture. So handsome and I am lucky to have him by my side!