We found out I was pregnant when I was about four weeks along. I had the urge to take a pregnancy test and low and behold, it was positive. I was in such disbelief, I had the doctor confirm it. I am now 12 weeks along and am heading into my second trimester.
So far, I have been very fortunate. I have had no morning sickness and haven only been nauseous when I let myself get too hungry. I have been feeling so great that it is hard to believe I am even pregnant. Besides being abnormally tired (like falling asleep at 8:30 or 9:00), I have felt pretty normal.
We had our first doctor's appointment last week and it was incredibly surreal. We were able to hear the heartbeat and it was at a strong 175 and the most beautiful sound. Hearing it made it a little more real for us.
Here is a 12 week picture taken during snowpocalypse 2013! The baggy sweater isn't very figure forming but trust me- no bump!
- How far along? 12 Weeks
- Total weight gain/loss: At week 8, I was down six pounds and haven't gained or lost any.
- Maternity clothes? Nope! I have bought some on sale as I know I will need them at some point!
- Stretch marks? Nope!
- Sleep: I usually wake up 2-3 times a night needing to go the bathroom and eat something. This has become less regular and I heard sleeping gets better in the second trimester! Here's hoping!
- Best moment this week: Hearing the beautiful heartbeat of 175!
- Miss Anything? I do miss a glass of wine every once in a while but that's about it.
- Movement: Not yet
- Food cravings: Salty food-specifically potato chips and french onion dip which is so weird since I usually can't stand potato chips. Don't worry, I limit myself. I also crave cereal, spaghetti, and fruit smoothies (I usually have one per day and sometimes add spinach)
- Anything making you queasy or sick: Large pieces of meat like chicken breasts or steak. Strong smells make me nauseous as well.
- Gender: I have NO IDEA. Some think boy, some think girl.
- Labor Signs: NO WAY!!!
- Symptoms: Fatigue and sore breasts
- Belly Button in or out? In!
- Wedding rings on or off? On!
- Happy or Moody most of the time: For the most part happy but I have had some cranky spurts. Adam is a saint for putting up with me!
- Looking forward to: Week 14! We get to see baby C for the first time!