You are 10 lbs 12 oz and 23.5 inches long! You are in the 38th percentile for weight and 78th percentile for length!
You also got your first round of immunizations-1 shot for DTAP and the oral medicine for Rotavirus. Your next shots will be in a month!
|You LOVE bath time!|
|You started sitting in your seat Grandpa Murphy gave you!|
|You hung out with Uncle Pat and loved your newest sleeper!|
|You are a pretty cute Chiefs can!|
|Rooting the Chiefs on with Dad!|
|You started noticing your jungle friends on your activity mat!|
|You got your first turtle friend and LOVED it!|
|Your future BFF Brielle gave you slippers that keep your toesies warm! You wear them a lot!|
|You started smiling...A LOT!|
|You also learned to stick your tongue out. You do this a lot too!|
|You also slept...like most babies do!|
|And this is our favorite sleeping spot!|
|Mommy packed away her maternity clothes for at least a couple years!|
|Sometimes mommy and daddy let you snuggle in bed with them!|
|And, of course, you were just cute!|
|You love your swing!|
|You continued being cute!|
|You rooted for the Packers and had crazy hair!|
- Cloth diapering. This really isn't a challenge but more of an annoyance. We are so ready to cloth diaper but your little legs were still so skinny for the first couple months that the diapers wouldn't get tight enough around them!
- I have noticed a decline in my milk production. I think it is because she is sleeping more through the night so I am essentially skipping that feeding.
- We started sending you to daycare part-time at the end of your second month. This was more of a challenge for me than it was for you.
- Traveling! You travel well in the car and we stop every two hours to feed you if we are going long distances. But, traveling completely throws your routine off and it is just hard being in a different place when it comes to having you sleep, nurse, etc. But, not a lot of people can say they have been to four states in their first two months!
- Cloth diapering! Around 7 weeks, we were finally able to get you to wear them without being too big! Woohoo! We are still trying to get the hang of the routine of it all though.
- For the most part, you will go to bed between 8:00-9:00! Woohoo!
- You have really started enjoying your swing. You love looking at your froggy friends hanging above you.
- Right at 8 weeks, I started noticing you "bat" at objects
- You have started to sit in your bebePOD by Prince Lionhart. The other popular choice is the Bumbo seat. We chose the bebePOD because it comes with a tray, straps on to chairs, and has a toy that can attach to the tray.
What I couldn't live without:
- Desitin-You were getting quite the diaper rash between 5-6 weeks. We had a huge tube of Boudreaux's Butt Paste but you would scream bloody murder as soon as that touched your skin. Luckily we had some samples of Desitin which cleared it right up and you didn't seem to mind it as much!
- Your swing! You finally started liking it around 5 weeks! You love the little froggys that hang from it and are perfectly content in it for a good 20 minutes at a time!
- Your Snuza! I am a worrier to begin with and would wake up about every hour throughout the night to make sure you were still breathing and alright. We finally decided to invest in the Snuza to make sure we were woken up if something was wrong and to give me some peace of mind. We will be sending this to your daycare as well which will help!
- Gripe Water has been a life saver. There are times we know you have some gas that won't come out and giving you this before you eat really helps get your gas out and you are much more comfortable!
- You are SOOO happy in the morning and after your naps!
- You really like doing Tummy Time!
- You have started "talking" and cooing more
- You love your penguin pal! You love when it squeeks, and "kisses" you. You also just love to stare at it!