Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day...23 Weeks (Almost)

Adam and I were able to go to Rolla this weekend for my niece's baptism. I cannot believe how much she has grow in the last three months and being around her so much made me realize that in just a few short months, it will never be just Adam and I anymore.

We were lucky that her baptism fell on Mother's Day and I was able to see my mom for a bit this weekend. As I reflect on Mother's Day and think about the kind of mother I want to be, I have been forced to think about the strong, influential women in my life who aren't necessarily mothers. I want to be able to instill creativity, respect, compassion, patience, love, and dedication in my children. Those qualities cannot happen without me displaying them. When I think of the kind of mother my mom was to me (and still is), I am thankful for her showing me how to love deeply, care for others, and be independent.

Today also is the day Adam went to Omaha for the summer to start his internship with Kiewit. It will be hard not having him here on a daily basis but I need to keep in mind that it is best for his future career and is a great opportunity. Between family visits, baby showers, birthing classes, the summer is going to fly by!


  • How far along? 23 Weeks (well tomorrow I will be)
  • Total weight gain/loss: Gained 6 pounds total
  • Maternity clothes? Pretty much all of my clothes are maternity with the exception of some dresses in which I plan on living in this summer!
  • Stretch marks? Same as last post. Really small marks (not really lines) but they haven't gotten worst since the last time I posted. 
  • Sleep: I wake up about once/night 
  • Best moment this week: Seeing my family
  • Miss Anything? Margaritas
  • Movement: Yup-more and more every day! I can't wait until the baby is big enough for Adam to feel!
  • Food cravings: Not really anything
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
  • Gender: I still think girl
  • Labor Signs: NO WAY!!!
  • Symptoms: Some round ligament pain but that's about it
  • Belly Button in or out? In!
  • Wedding rings on or off? On!
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: For the most part happy. I have been more emotional lately with Adam leaving for the summer
  • Looking forward to: Next week we have another ultrasound! I am excited to see Baby C again and hopefully he/she will cooperate and the doctor can see the gender!

No comments:

Post a Comment