Monday, August 26, 2013

38 Weeks and progressing!

Come on little lady! I had my doctor's appointment this week and got some good news. I am 50% effaced and about 2 cm dilated! Much better than where I was two weeks ago! She also predicted that our little babe is about 6.5 lbs right now. She said that all I need is a really strong set of contractions and I could be in labor any day now which is crazy!

From previous posts, you probably know that I work at a University and this past weekend was one of our busiest-Move-in weekend! My office was jammed packed with things going on for the weekend and I was on my feet A LOT during one of the hottest weekends of the summer thus far-go figure! Early Sunday morning around 4:00 am, I woke up and started to feel some cramping through my abdomen and lower back. I was able to go back to bed and woke up again at 8:00 with the same cramping. Adam and I decided to time them to see if they were something to keep track of. They were too irregular and eventually stopped.

Sunday afternoon, after being outside and on my feet for about 4.5 hours in the 95 degree heat, I started to feel much stronger, more regular contractions on my drive home. The continued for about 2 hours and then stopped after sitting down for a while and drinking water. 

Since I was having noticeable contractions, my doctor decided to "check" me and determined that I had started dilation and effacement. She also said that she could actually feel the baby's head (which is kind of weird, kind of cool) and that I am getting really close!

Its nice to finally be able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I cannot believe we are just two weeks (hopefully less!) out. 

Some 38 Week updates
  • Total weight gain-19 lbs
  • Swollen to the max! No more wedding ring and my feet look terrible!
  •  Been craving COLD food-Applesauce, fruit, lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment