Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dreaming of Fall

Fall is my most favorite season! I love the crisp air, the cozy sweaters, and football. I love the smells, the sound of the dried leaves blowing, and the cloudy skies. I like sleeping with the windows open and waking up to a cool room so I can be cozy and wrapped up in our comforter.

I am tired of always being warm (partially a pregnancy problem), sleeping with just a sheet, and "summertime music."

This morning I stopped by one of my favorite places in Kearney (Barista's) for my Skinny Vanilla Chai (seriously, they have THE BEST and if we ever move, I have no idea what I will do) and grabbed myself a yummy pumpkin muffin. Those two combined really got me ready for the upcoming season. On a side note, I purposely schedule meetings there with chapter consultants or volunteers so I have an excuse to get out of the office and spend time there. I just love it so much!

Anyway, I always feel that Labor Day is the official end of summer and the beginning of fall. Usually, the weather doesn't reflect this but I feel like this is a reasonable time for me to break out my fall-scented candles and start my fall favorite cooking!

This fall will obviously be much more exciting with Baby Girl C here! Her arrival will mean lots of family time from visitors and traveling. It will mean not only cozying up with Adam but also with her. This fall is also the start of Adam's last year of school. He will start his job search in the next month and we will more than likely know where he will be working by November. It is surreal to think about all of the changes our family will be experiencing in the next year but I think we are up for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment