This will be my last post until Baby C is born. The next week is going to be insanely busy for me as sorority recruitment is right around the corner. Honestly, if that whole process doesn't put me into labor, then call me Wonder Woman. I expect about 4 hours of sleep a night during that time, dealing with 160 emotional women going through recruitment, and an additional 250 moody current sorority women.
I have been trying everything I have heard of to get this labor going. Everything from eating spicy food to bouncing and rocking on an exercise ball to taking walks (either outside or in the mall) and the list goes on. So her not coming is by no means because I am not trying!
As uncomfortable I have been the past couple weeks, there are definitely things I am going to miss:
- It just being Adam and I. It will never be just the two of us again. We have talked about being intentional in order to keep our marriage a priority but I know that is easier said than done.
- Being selfish. That sounds awful and, overall, I don't think I am a real selfish person but everyone has their moments. I know that everything will change when she arrives. From traveling to watching TV in the evenings to sleeping in until 11:00 (yes that happened this morning!), I no longer dictate those routines and probably won't for a while!
- I am actually going to miss feeling her move. I won't miss her pushing up on my ribs or using my bladder as a trampoline but I will miss feeling her kicks and rolling around. It is something that, for the most part, the two of us share together and is a silent reminder that she is doing alright!
- Adam being so attentive. Don't get me wrong, Adam is a very considerate person in general but really from the time I found out I was pregnant, Adam has been incredibly patient, attentive, and helpful.
- Obviously at the top of my list is meeting our baby girl! I think all expecting parents have thoughts and dreams about what their baby will be like: Who will she look like? Will she be care-free or high-maintenance? Will she have hair and what color will it be?
- I am looking forward to starting the process of having my body back to myself. For when I do get sleep (even though it might be minimal) it will be more comfortable. I will be able to walk with ease more. I can do the dishes without being a good 4-5 inches away from the sink since my belly gets in the way.
- I can't wait to be on maternity leave. This isn't because I hate my job or because I am lazy but I cannot wait to have the time to bond with Baby C!
- I am excited to see Adam become the wonderful father I know he will be. He is already excited and talks to her multiple times a day but I know he will be completely obsessed with her when she is here!
- Everyone says that the first time you meet your child it is a love like you have never experienced before and I cannot wait for that moment. I already love her so much now and I cannot imagine what that will be like when she decides to join us!
- Remember what I said about being selfish, well here is a perfect example. I can't wait to go shopping for myself again. I really held off buying clothes and even shoes for myself while being pregnant. Adam said that after she is born and I am feeling up for it I can go shopping for myself again. Part of this will be out of necessity as I will be needing some "transitional" clothes from maternity wear to my old clothes.