Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowzilla, Snowmageddon, Snocopalypse, whatver you want to call the Great Blizzard for 2011

In my last post I mentioned how we wanted to take advantage of the beautiful, 60 degree weather we had last weekend; especially since the Midwest we were supposed to get slammed with a major winter storm. As each day approached, the storm sounded worse and worse. The paranoid folk of Rolla, MO hit the stores to stock-up for this "never-seen-before" weather. The storm stretched about 800 miles. Rolla got hit with more ice than anything and probably, by the middle of Tuesday (02/01) we had about an inch of pure ice-then the snow started to fall, and fall, and fall. While this weather did call for a lot of school cancellations (including Missouri S&T for two days in a row), the weather wasn't as bad as what I was expecting. Now, my friends in the Kansas City area, for example, REALLY got slammed and from what I heard, we got more ice; they got my snow!

Here are some pictures from the weather. I wish I had gotten some better ones and some pictures of us sledding and playing in the snow, but these will have to do!

The family dog having a good time. This was taken on Tuesday, before we got a lot of snow!

Our little back deck off of our apartment!



No comments:

Post a Comment