Sunday, September 15, 2013

I guess I will write one last one before Baby C arrives...Happy 41 Weeks (Almost)

She sure is taking her sweet time. I was almost positive that with how busy I was with work over the past two weeks, she would have been at least on time. No such luck!

To recap:

  • The semester started on August 26th and it has been a whirlwind since
  • Since I was so busy and not taking care of myself as well as I should have, I went to the hospital five days before my due date because I was super dizzy and nauseous. It was determined that my blood pressure was elevated (it usually on the low end of normal) and I was dehydrated. 
  • The following day was the kick off to sorority recruitment. Luckily one of my other colleagues was around to keep my relaxed and to help out in case I went in to labor early. She truly was a Godsend during that time. 
  • I then had my 40 week doctor's appointment in which I lost two pounds, progressed none, and she guessed that the baby was weighing right around 7 lbs. 
  • With my lack of sleep and rest during recruitment, my boss and I discussed me splitting up my work between the office and home. I am truly grateful for how flexible she is and I was actually more productive working from home. I will continue to split up my work until I go into labor. 
So this leads me to this weekend. As uncomfortable as I have been, I am truly grateful to have an unexpected last weekend alone with Adam. It has been filled with sleeping in, watching football, having breakfast and dinner dates, and doing some last minute picking up around the apartment. I am trying to cherish this while I can.

My next appointment is in two days. If I don't have her by then (I am doubtful), we will schedule an induction which I am hoping will be for Wednesday or Thursday.


  • How far along? 41 Weeks (never thought I would say that!)
  • Total weight gain/loss: Total weight gain: 20 lbs. I can't believe how much I gained in the last 10 weeks (I was at only 8 lbs during that appointment). 
  • Maternity clothes? Oh yes!
  • Stretch marks: Ugh....
  • Sleep: Earlier this week I slept completely through the night. I don't even know how that happened. It still is hit or miss. The past few nights I consistently wake up around 4:00 am really hungry!
  • Best moment this week: Adam and I had a great weekend together!
  • Miss Anything? Wearing my wedding ring.
  • Movement: Oh yes and sometimes it is to the point of being uncomfortable. 
  • Food cravings: Not really anything
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
  • Gender: GIRL!!!
  • Labor Signs: A couple weeks ago was having contractions-not really anything recently. I have been feeling a lot more pressure thought. 
  • Symptoms: Lots of acid reflux and I have been super swollen. Shoes and sandals that used to be a little loose are now tight! 
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off :(
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy most of the time! 
  • Looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment