Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Baby-related, non-baby post...

Not sure if the title makes sense but I will give it a go.

I have mentioned previously that when I got pregnant, I wasn't satisfied with my body but it happened and we were happy regardless. Fast forward 9 months and I am terrified of what my body will look like after the baby is born. Fortunately, all of the weight I have gained (20 lbs) has just been in my mid section and hips but with that I have gotten A LOT of stretch marks (stop reading if this is bothering you because it bothers me having to write about it) on my stomach. This somewhat came as a surprise to me because of what I have read about them. Like most teenage girls, I got stretch marks on parts of my breasts going through puberty and my inner thighs and hips from growth spurts. They all have faded drastically and are hardly noticeable. So because of my "history" with stretch marks, I should have known there might be a possibility but, like most pregnant women, I started slathering my body with Bio-Oil and Cocoa Butter hoping this would prevent them. I have also managed my weight gain fairly well which I thought contribute to preventing them. However, regardless what measures I took, they still crept up and I still have them and they are BAD!

The light at the end of the tunnel with this is that the ones I have had in the past have faded so I am hoping for the same with these. I am also hoping that as I lose the weight gained, they won't be as noticeable...hopefully!

So this brings me to my next point. Since becoming pregnant, ironically, all I have wanted to do is start working out and losing weight. I think of the kind of mother I want to be and the kind of role-model I want to be and it isn't what I currently am. I want to have a ton of energy and lead a healthy example for my daughter.

Recently, I have been reading some really great blogs on weight loss, fitness, and nutrition. Reading about women who have lost as much weight or more than what my goal is has become inspirational and has given me motivation for once the baby is born.

I know working out will have to hold off until I get the go ahead from my doctor but I think I can at least start to walk regularly with the baby a couple weeks after I deliver. I also know breastfeeding, if eating right, can really aid in losing the weight as well.

Besides giving baby updates, I am going to use this blog as an update for weight loss to hold me accountable and I have outlined some pretty broad goals below that I think are fairly attainable.

By Christmas: Be back to pre-baby weight. I think this is very realistic and attainable through breast feeding, eating well, and moderate work outs.

By June 2014: My goal is to have lost an additional 60 lbs! EEK! I hope I am not setting myself up for failure with that one! I might have to see how working towards my first goal goes and then adjust that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment