Friday, April 5, 2013

17 Weeks




No picture this week-not much has changed! Adam and I were in Omaha last weekend and started to get an idea of what we wanted for the baby. It is hard to determine what we actually "need." I think the items we know we need (car seat, stroller, crib, etc) we are willing to invest more money in as we will be using them A LOT. Additionally, I see a stroller as an investment because of how long we will be using it with this child and for future kids as well. The one we are looking into is the Britax B-Agile Travel System. Both the car seat and the stroller have really high ratings and the car seat itself is one of the safest ones on the market. 

I am kind of crazy when it comes to buying items such as this where I like to know exactly what is out there and I read as many reviews as possible. This travel system, via reviews on Amazon and Babies R Us, hardly has any bad reviews and hundreds of good reviews. 

Adam and I tested it out last weekend and we were completely sold! Here are the things we liked:
  • The canopy is HUGE on the car seat!
  • Both the stroller and car seat are very light weight but have a high maximum weight (33 lbs for the car seat and 55 lbs for the stroller)
  • The straps and recline feature on the stroller are incredibly easy to use!
  • The car seat is easy to take in and out of the base and the stroller
  • The fold on the stroller is the easiest we have found. This is important to me if it is just me and I have a stroller and car seat to carry.
  • The stroller is very compact. We have a smaller SUV (Toyota Highlander) which has a decent amount of space in the back, but not a ton so that was an important feature. 
Bitax B-Agile
  • 17 Weeks
  • Total weight gain/loss: Gained total of 4 pounds. I had my appointment today and my doctor could tell that I wasn't happy with the weight I gained. She reassured me that she recommends at this point for her patients to gain about five pounds so I was good. She also made the comment "Your attitude about weight gain better change since after 20 weeks, I recommend patients gaining a pound/week from here on out." Ahh!!! Its for a good cause though right?
  • Maternity clothes? There are becoming more frequent! Most of my dress pants still fit for work which is good. None of my jeans fit anymore so I have been sporting maternity jeans (although slightly too big). Leggings and tunics have become my friends! 
  • Stretch marks? Nope!
  • Sleep: Hit or miss. I wake up about two times a night to go to the bathroom. Lately I have been have round ligament pain which my doctor told me is normal and that has woken me up. 
  • Best moment this week: Having my doctor's appointment. Usually I hate going to the doctor but these appointments are different. I love hearing the heartbeat and being reassured everything is alright!
  • Miss Anything? Over the past couple of weeks I could have really gone for a glass of wine. Oh well!
  • Movement: Yup!
  • Food cravings: Not really
  •  Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
  •  Gender: Still thinking girl but I did have a dream the other night that we had a boy
  • Labor Signs: NO WAY!!!
  • Symptoms: None
  • Belly Button in or out? In!
  • Wedding rings on or off? On!
  •  Happy or Moody most of the time: I have been feeling great. This could be because of the weather we have had!
  • Looking forward to: I get to see my momma in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment