Wednesday, April 24, 2013

We are having a....Happy 20 Weeks

...we don't know yet!!! Little Baby C wasn't cooperating well! Not only did we not get a great profile image of the baby because its hands were covering the face (No pictures, no pictures) but the baby is measuring not as far along as we thought. It looks like he/she is only about 18 1/2 weeks instead of 20 so the doctor wasn't real confident on what we are having and was hesitant to give his thoughts.

The most important thing is that the baby is looking healthy (good brain development, strong heart, kidneys, stomach, bladder, etc)-all the important organs! He told us based on the measurements and my weight gain thus far to expect the baby to weigh about 6.5-7 lbs at delivery if I deliver at 40 weeks-I am somewhat skeptical on the accuracy of this but it sounds much better than a 9.5 lb baby (like me!) so I will take it!

The doctor printed off about 10 pictures of different things and this is the best one I have of the profile. Hoping to get a better one in a couple weeks! If you look right below the chin, you can see the elbow bent and the hand on the face-So dramatic! Adam said its a little Erin!



Like mentioned above, we are planning on doing another ultrasound in a couple weeks to get the gender!

Here I am at 20 weeks-we were busy moving all day (hence no sign and a mess) and I was running late for a meeting so ignore my hair! Feeling pretty good about how I look so far! I know my belly is going to start growing fast from here on out! In case you were wondering-Baby C is about the length of a banana!




  • How far along? 20 weeks
  • Total weight gain/loss: Gained 5 pounds total
  • Maternity clothes? I am still able to wear a few pairs of regular pants to work. The picture above is the only pair of jeans that still fit-and I use that very loosely since the zipper only goes halfway up and a rubber band is holding them up! For the most part-yes, I am wearing maternity clothes. 
  • Stretch marks? Boo! This is a big area of contention with me. I am starting to get really little marks (not lines but a few marks) on my belly. I am really sad since I have done a good job at not gaining a lot of weight but my belly is definitely growing. I was using Palmers and Bio-Oil and I have come to the conclusion that is just how your skin is. I am still using it in hopes it will help fade them quick. 
  • Sleep: So-so. 
  • Best moment this week: Seeing our beautiful baby!
  • Miss Anything? Wine and Margaritas. We are in the process of moving so something to help take the edge off at the end of the day would be nice :)
  • Movement: Oh yes! Especially in the evening after I eat or drink something. 
  • Food cravings: Not really anything
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
  • Gender: I still think girl. Adam now thinks boy.
  • Labor Signs: NO WAY!!!
  • Symptoms: None
  • Belly Button in or out? In!
  • Wedding rings on or off? On!
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: So-so. If we weren't in the process of moving right now, my mood would be much more positive, more frequently. It has recently hit me that Adam is leaving in less than a month for his internship which has me stressed as well. 
  • Looking forward to: We are headed to one of my happy places this weekend-Kansas City. Ultimately, we hope to end up in KC one day. My in-laws live there and most of our friends are in Kansas City. Plus, it is about 3-3.5 hours from Rolla where my family is and about 3 hours from Omaha where the rest of Adam's family is. Anyway, one of my very good friends is having her shower this weekend and Adam and I plan to register! 

No comments:

Post a Comment