Monday, July 1, 2013

Woah...30 Weeks!!!

I seriously cannot believe we just have ten weeks left! Where has the time gone? I am just hoping the last ten weeks fly by as quickly as the first 30 weeks.

It seemed like as soon as I hit the third trimester, the symptoms associated with it were right there as well! So far I have started experiencing some lower back pain, a little more fatigue, and, most recently, the wonderful Braxton Hicks contractions!

I have also started having some nesting bouts. Over the weekend I was doing dishes. This led to me cleaning out and organizing the refrigerator. And then I decided to clean the stove, sweep, and mop. I have also started washing, organizing, and putting away the baby clothes I know we will use. I am not at the point of just deciding to completely deep clean the apartment but I can see that happening.
  • How far along? 30 Weeks
  • Total weight gain/loss: I have gained a total of 8 lbs! Woohoo! My doctor seemed surprised that I haven't gained more since I am looking bigger but each person carries their baby differently. I think also because I have short torso, the only room for the baby to grow is out! Overall, I am happy with my weight gain. When I first got pregnant she told me to expect to gain between 22-25 lbs. I cannot imagine gaining 14 pounds in the last two months but we will see!
  • Maternity clothes? Oh yes!
  • Stretch marks: Thankfully, no more than before!
  • Sleep: Hit or miss-some nights I sleep really well and other nights I find it incredibly hard to get comfortable.
  • Best moment this week: I unexpectedly was able to see my family this past week!
  • Miss Anything? Being out in the sun more. I am so pale this summer! I do get outside but I miss laying out and swimming. I am trying to avoid getting what is called the "Mask of Pregnancy" which you have higher chances of getting if you are in the sun a lot. It basically gives a woman dark splotches on her skin-especially face!
  • Movement: Yup! She has really been kicking by my ribs more. Sometimes she is moving in such a way that it feels like she is doing somersaults  Still, one of my favorite things to do is to lay in bed before I go to bed and after I wake up to feel her move all around!
  • Food cravings: Not really anything
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
  • Gender: GIRL!!!
  • Labor Signs: Not yet!
  • Symptoms: Some lower back pain, acid reflux (hopefully she will have a full head of hair!), and some mild muscle cramping. Joys of the third trimester!
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in
  • Wedding rings on or off? On!
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy most of the time! 
  • Looking forward to: I get to see Adam in two days for a four day weekend over the 4th!!! Our crib also came in and Adam has been persistent that it is a "Dad's job" when putting it together so I have been patiently waiting to open the box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment