It seemed like as soon as I hit the third trimester, the symptoms associated with it were right there as well! So far I have started experiencing some lower back pain, a little more fatigue, and, most recently, the wonderful Braxton Hicks contractions!
I have also started having some nesting bouts. Over the weekend I was doing dishes. This led to me cleaning out and organizing the refrigerator. And then I decided to clean the stove, sweep, and mop. I have also started washing, organizing, and putting away the baby clothes I know we will use. I am not at the point of just deciding to completely deep clean the apartment but I can see that happening.
- How far along? 30 Weeks
- Total weight gain/loss: I have gained a total of 8 lbs! Woohoo! My doctor seemed surprised that I haven't gained more since I am looking bigger but each person carries their baby differently. I think also because I have short torso, the only room for the baby to grow is out! Overall, I am happy with my weight gain. When I first got pregnant she told me to expect to gain between 22-25 lbs. I cannot imagine gaining 14 pounds in the last two months but we will see!
- Maternity clothes? Oh yes!
- Stretch marks: Thankfully, no more than before!
- Sleep: Hit or miss-some nights I sleep really well and other nights I find it incredibly hard to get comfortable.
- Best moment this week: I unexpectedly was able to see my family this past week!
- Miss Anything? Being out in the sun more. I am so pale this summer! I do get outside but I miss laying out and swimming. I am trying to avoid getting what is called the "Mask of Pregnancy" which you have higher chances of getting if you are in the sun a lot. It basically gives a woman dark splotches on her skin-especially face!
- Movement: Yup! She has really been kicking by my ribs more. Sometimes she is moving in such a way that it feels like she is doing somersaults Still, one of my favorite things to do is to lay in bed before I go to bed and after I wake up to feel her move all around!
- Food cravings: Not really anything
- Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
- Gender: GIRL!!!
- Labor Signs: Not yet!
- Symptoms: Some lower back pain, acid reflux (hopefully she will have a full head of hair!), and some mild muscle cramping. Joys of the third trimester!
- Belly Button in or out? Still in
- Wedding rings on or off? On!
- Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy most of the time!
- Looking forward to: I get to see Adam in two days for a four day weekend over the 4th!!! Our crib also came in and Adam has been persistent that it is a "Dad's job" when putting it together so I have been patiently waiting to open the box.