Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wecome to Kearney!

Adam and I made the big move a little over a week ago to start our new life in Kearney, NE. We moved up on the 25th and were able to get everything unpacked by the end of the day on Tuesday. It was nice have a couple days in between unpacking and my first day to really get to know Kearney and scope things out.

I have really only live in two places-Rolla, MO and Maryville, MO. Both are great towns, but I get the impression that Kearney has much more to offer and we can't wait to jump right in.

My first day went surprisingly fast with meeting new people and chatting with students. Unfortunately, my email account hasn't been set up yet so it is making things difficult as far as scheduling meetings, setting up my calendar etc. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of things to do,  unfortunately, the majority of what I need to do, is send emails!!! It is somewhat sad that my work is so dependent on it.

I have tried to familiarize myself with reports and files that were left for me but looking into those has only raised more questions for me to ask! It is a never ending cycle!

VisitKearney is a great site that lists several things to do in the area from shopping to camping. It also has a pretty comprehensive list of restaurants, lodging, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment