Wednesday, March 16, 2011

103rd Best Ever part 2

Well the St. Pat's festivities have finally concluded at the Missouri S&T campus and in the community of Rolla. To recap, I had a friend come down and partake in the festivities with me. Friday night we went to the coronation ceremony of all the student knights and honorary knights. I normally wouldn't have gone to this except my dad became an honorary knight this year and this is a very high honor at Missouri S&T.


My dad and I after his coronation.


After the coronation we headed over to The Grotto-local establishment. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures that the infamous bar, but I wish I could. There were people there ranging from men who attended school back in the 60s to current students now. It was a very diverse population!

Saturday morning was the parade which I did get some good pictures of! Since my dad was a knight he was able to ride in a corvette and throw beads. There were floats, kudgels, horses, marching bands, the whole nine yards. There was even this:

Well, I don't know why it is turned on its side and I don't know how to fix it, but I think you get the idea. St. Pat's really does bring out the crazies! Notice I was being respectful by not including her head!



Me and Val

Dad throwing beads!

St. Pat and his guards riding into town


My brother, my dad, and me
Also, every year, St. Pats committee sponsors a free concert. This year it was Reel Big Fish. The hubby was very excited as it is his kind of music!

All in all, it was a good weekend. Every year it is different, but always fun!

Tomorrow is the real St. Pats holiday (and I like to think my national holiday) so eat some corned beef, soda bread, and drink so green beer for me!

Do you have any St. Pats traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment