Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

Hello, again! I haven’t written in a while due to the fact I haven’t had much to write about. As many of you know, this past weekend was Easter and it was particularly special this year because Adam decided to join the Catholic Church. I am not familiar with the process of joining a church for other denominations, but I have a feeling that our process is a little more structured and takes a little bit longer.

I won’t go into full details regarding the process, but it did start in September and he was confirmed and received his first Communion at the Easter Vigil mass Saturday Evening. This mass is unlike any other mass we have during the rest of the year. There is a lot of ritual and tradition that goes into it and it is a very long mass; but it is one of my favorites. The entire services was about three hours long (this is uncharacteristically long and it is typically about 2 hours) but not once during the entire mass was I bored or disinterested. It truly is a beautiful a beautiful service.

Originally, a lot of Adam’s family was planning on joining us for the service; however his grandfather had surgery that Friday in which his mom went to be with her parents in Arizona at that time and his brother’s fiancé broke her leg a few weeks prior and had surgery so she was pretty immobile. However, Adam’s dad and stepmom made the trip from Omaha and I know that it meant a lot to Adam to have his dad’s support. Overall, it was a great weekend.
For more information regarding the Easter Vigil service, I would recommend reading this link. I think it gives a pretty good synopsis of the different parts of the Mass.



No comments:

Post a Comment