Saturday, January 22, 2011

Can I just get a break?

I guess you could describe the purpose of this blog is to not only share my experiences with others, but to keep a log for my sake. I think (at least hope) I will always remember major events (vacations, holidays, weddings, etc.) however, I also want to remember smaller events that, when they happen, they made me laugh, smile, provoked some thought, and, maybe, even shed a tear. While bigger events are exciting, I think it is the smaller ones that what make life interesting and worth living.
As many of you know, I already have one blog going to track my running progress. As I started writing in it, I discovered that I wanted to share more than just my running adventures. This too sparked my desire to start a more personal blog.
So a little background about me: I am recently married (hence the title!), living in my hometown (some days I love it, some days, I don’t), working at a job that isn’t quite ideal (welcome to about 90% of mid-twenty year-olds), and my husband is going back to school.
My family means more to me than anything else which is why I am content with our living situation the majority of the time. There are a variety of reasons why we moved here after we got married. After an exhausting job search, I finally landed something at the local university, my husband is going back to school for engineering and there really isn’t a better school to study engineering than where we currently are living.
This past year has definitely had its ups and downs. Between unstable work between my husband and I and unconventional living situations, we are definitely ready for some stability and for some positive movement within our relationship. While we are excited to see what the future holds, I think we are also unsure of it as well, just from our track record! And, in true accordance with the rest of our relationship, there may be something coming up that will rock the boat.
You know how I mentioned my working situation isn’t ideal? Well, I just got back from an interview for a job that would be completely ideal for what I want to do. The catch: The school does not have any type engineering, the town is incredibly small (this wouldn’t be an issue but my husband will want a job), and it is nine hours from my family. The distance won’t be a major factor in the decision (if I am offered the job) but it is definitely on my mind. If this opportunity presented itself back in June when we really didn’t know where we were going to live and I didn’t have a job; then I think the decision would much easier to make. If I wasn’t married, it would be an obvious choice. Making tough decisions like this are what makes being a grown up incredibly difficult. L
So here I am, navigating the first year of marriage and I am excited to share with you, the experiences that I think make marriage fun and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment