My hospital bag:
- Toiletry items: The hospital provided shampoo and soap but I felt more like myself if I could use my own items!
- Make-up: Yes, I even attempted to do my make-up while in the hospital. That didn't last long!
- A robe-After I delivered and could move around more, I wore my robe a lot. It provided more coverage and, again, made me feel like I wasn't just wearing a hospital gown.
- Slippers-when walking around the hospital
- My going home outfit-a nursing tank, sweatpants, a jacket, and flip flops! That was it. To be honest, I packed underwear but didn't even wear what I brought because the hospital provided me with some. And trust me, you will want to use theirs!
- Lanolin Nipple Cream-It is best if you start this early if you plan on breastfeeding.
When leaving the hospital, take as much stuff home with you as you can! We were able to take home:
- Two days worth of diapers!
- Travel-size baby bath items
- A tub for giving a bath
- Nasal aspirator
- A brush for washing her hair and another brush for combing her hair
- Gauze wipes
- Sanitary pads for me (I didn't even use all of the ones I took)
- A couple pairs of extra disposable underwear for me!
- A good water bottle! I drank a ton of water when I was pregnant but it was still important to keep my water intake up in order to keep my breast milk supply up as well!
- Granny panties! Sorry but you will want them! Regardless if you have a c-section or not, you will want underwear you don't care about. I bought a cheap pack from Target that came up higher than I normally wear. This was great since I had a c-section so they wouldn't rub against my incision.
- If you are breastfeeding, nursing tanks and nursing sleep bras. I wore/wear these all the time! I had a couple before she was born and I am grateful for my mom buying me several more when she visited! I either wore the tank on its own if I was just hanging out at home. Sometimes I would throw a t-shirt over it. Everything I have I got from Target and they have worked great!
- Nipple Shield-This has been a lifesaver for us! I haven't needed this because of cracked nipples but I won't got into detail on why I need this either! I was given this at the hospital to aid in starting breastfeeding so I haven't had to buy any yet!